Sunday, February 28, 2010

Id Control

Id Control, Copyright © 2010, all rights reserved, by Ken West


“You’ve got to control your id,” advised my shrink as he sucked on his empty pipe.


“Why do you suck on that thing?” I asked.


“I gave up tobacco three weeks ago,” he said, “but I still need to bite on it.” He grinned at me as if he said something funny.


I didn’t laugh. “What’s the id,” I asked.


“It’s the part of your psyche that wants immediate satisfaction,” he said. “It’s your impulses. You’ve got to control your impulses or they’ll hurt you, making you do nasty things to yourself or those around you.”


This jerk was really annoying me. “Would the id do something like this?” I asked as I punched him in the face, knocking his pipe to the floor.


I thought I decked him, but he shot back a brutal uppercut to my chin, knocking me down.


“That was my Ego,” he smiled devilishly at me. “It trumps your id.”


Ken West is the author of Get What You Want, available worldwide on Amazon.com: http://www.amazon.com/dp/0982577702.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter